The Case of Meryl Streep and a look at Feminist Evidence
18th February 2021
Themis held an online event looking at the case of Martin v Kogan. Kogan v Martin & Ors (Rev 1)  EWCA Civ 1645.
This event was hosted by Steering Group member Beth Collet from 8 New Square Chambers.
Pupillage Interviews Q&A
25 February 2021
Back by popular demand, Themis held an open zoom event in which pupil barristers answered your questions about pupillage interviews!
Guess speakers included:
- Elena Johnson (future family pupil at Queen Elizabeth's Building)
- Kitan Ososami (criminal pupil)
- Monique Bouffé (civil pupil)
- Sophie Cashell (commercial pupil)
Pupillage Application Q&A
13 January 2021
Themis held a Q&A zoom event to answer your questions about pupillage applications.
The panelists were:
- Aqsa Hussain (No5 Chambers)
- Beth Collett (8 New Square)
- Srishti Suresh (Coram Chambers)
Neurodiversity at the Bar
17 December 2020
Themis held an event in collaboration with Neurodiversity in Law.
Guest speakers included:
- Brie Stevens-Hoare QC (Hardwicke Chambers)
- Sophy Miles (Doughty Street Chambers)
- Elaine Banton (7BR Chambers)
- Chloe Branton (Parklane Plowden Chambers)
- Roxy Lackschewitz-Martin (aspiring barrister)
- Beth Collett (Themis Steering Committee)
- Srishti Suresh (Themis Steering Committee)
- Sophie Stevens (Neurodiversity in Law)
27 November 2020
To mark the opening of Pupillage Gateway, Themis held two simultaneous events all about acing applications. One targeted the criminal bar and the other chancery and the civil bar.
Crime Guest speakers included:
- Anogika Suresh (1COR Brighton)
- Lady Gene Waszkewitz (25 Bedford Row)
- Kassia Pletscher (Drystone Chambers)
Civil and Chancery speakers included:
- Priya Gopal, chancery barrister (Hardwick Chambers)
- Bethan Davies, personal injury, clinical negligence and employment barrister (Parklane Plowden Chambers)
- Preetika Mathur, employment and discrimination barrister (Doughty Street Chambers)
Unexpected Junior: Pandemic Parenting at the Bar
19 November 2020
We know that parenting is a vital issue to be addressed at the Bar, and has become even more pressing in the pandemic. Themis held an online event targeting this topic.
Guest speakers included:
- Carine Patry (Landmark Chambers)
- Sian Wilkins (Civil Senior Practice Manager – Doughty Street Chambers)
Ask Aqsa Anything
12 November 2020
Themis Steering Committee member and pupil barrister Aqsa Hussain
(No5 Chambers) answered questions about pupillage and her career at the Bar.
Aqsa practices in a mix of Criminal Law and Human Rights Law and answered questions on these topics also.
Themis Launch Event
18 September 2020
Themis hosted an online launch event to welcome members of the bar to the community.
- Margherita Cornaglia (Doughty Street)
- Narita Bahra QC (2 Hare Court)
- Abimbola Johnson (25 Bedford Row)
- Ashwini Weereratne QC (Doughty Street)
- Karlia Lykourgou (Doughty Street)
- Alexandra Wilson (5 St Andrew’s Hill)
- Blessing Mukosha Park (aspiring barrister)